Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bookshelf Tweaking

Today was a lovely, lazy Sunday. A perfect day for a mini-project. Nothing too involved or time consuming, but something little and fun.

We have a great bookshelf in the living room that we just love. Bought it unfinished and stained it ourselves last summer. The cats love it too, and are always trying (and often succeeding) to pull the books off the shelves. This morning was no exception. Books lay sprawled out in front of the bookshelf; as I put them back (again) inspiration struck.

I love books and bookshelves, and I'm always drawn to them in magazines and blogs. One approach I've seen often and just love is organizing books by color, so I figured I'd give it a try. Our first attempt had been to arrange them by genre, but that didn't last long. So, I got to work with a different approach. 

Here's how it looked when I started:


















About a half hour or so later, here's how it turned out:


















Not too shabby, I think. Want to see a couple close-ups?
 


















Just ignore those Twilight books there at the bottom... nothing to see here, folks!

So, what do you think? Improvement or no? How (if at all) do you arrange your books?

V

No comments:

Post a Comment