Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What I've Been Reading: August 2014


This is beautiful, and made me cry. So much truth here. What I Talk About When I Talk About Depression. Enough parallels to my own life and struggle with depression to really resonate with me - perhaps one day I will be able to write about my own experiences.
"I was tired. And I was sad. And angry, and desperate. But I was not only these things; they were not the sum total of my being. I was also passionate and funny and driven and I had fortitude, and all of these things remain true. I am passionate, funny, and driven, with fortitude. And I am sad."
Paul Ford discusses How To Be Polite:
"People silently struggle from all kinds of terrible things. They suffer from depression, ambition, substance abuse, and pretension. They suffer from family tragedy, Ivy-League educations, and self-loathing. They suffer from failing marriages, physical pain, and publishing. The good thing about politeness is that you can treat these people exactly the same."
Did you catch the series of posts from Sarah Von Bargen of Yes and Yes on How to Be a Grown Ass Woman? She covers Professional Life, House and Home, Money and Finances, and Health and Personal Care. Lots of good tips and reminders. Love it!

Last December, the New York Times put out an interactive regional dialect quiz. It's really fun and interesting!

I first heard about The What I Be Project through a Huffington Post article back in January. According to the Ganesh Photography facebook page, the artist is preparing to release a book soon.

Fascinating: laser mapping uncovered a "Lost Agropolis" in New England

KatyRose at ModlyChic muses on the beauty of going without
"Instead of focusing on the things, which are meaningless in themselves, perhaps this is the time to be focusing on those around us."
And when am I'm actually able to read these things? When our pup is sleeping, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment